Rohini Shantharam, MD, is a board-certified dermatologist who practices medical, procedural, and cosmetic dermatology in Fresno, CA.
Dr. Shantharam was born and raised in Fresno, where her father is an orthopedic surgeon. She left the Central Valley to attend Virginia Commonwealth University for both her undergraduate degree and medical school. She graduated Magna Cum Laude and was honored as The Student of the Year with a major in economics and minor in chemistry before beginning Medical School.
Continuing her training in New York and working in private practice in Manhattan gave her exceptional experience with a broad range of patients. Patients rave about Dr. Shantharam…
“She is knowledgable, experienced, and an excellent communicator. I felt very comfortable and at ease in her care.”
“I just had my first visit with Dr. Shantharam, and all the reviews were right, she is incredible! She is kind, friendly, and knew right away what my condition was. She was thorough in treating it and explaining it to me, and I felt very comfortable with her.”
While she was back east, Dr. Shantharam was also an Assistant Professor at Brown University, where she enjoyed her roles in teaching, advising, and mentoring residents and medical students.
Dr. Shantharam and her husband, Dr. Chris Glezos (an orthopedic surgeon), recently returned to the Central Valley with their infant son to continue their medical careers and to be closer to family.
When she is not caring for patients, Dr. Shantharam enjoys being with family, traveling, running/exercising, and exploring food, art, and culture.
- Medical School: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Internship: Stony Brook University Hospital, Internal Medicine
- Dermatology Residency: Northwell Health Department of Dermatology at Hofstra School of Medicine
- Chief Resident, Northwell Department of Dermatology, July 2016
- Board Certified: Dermatology
Membership in Societies
- American Academy of Dermatology, July 2014- present
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, April 2019- present
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, 2015-present
- American Board of Dermatology, September 2017- present
- Woman’s Dermatologic Society, March 2015- present
- Skin of Color Society, March 2017- present
- Uppal, Pushpinder. Shantharam, Rohini MD. Kaufmann, Tara MD. Elective time during dermatology residency: A survey of residents and program directors. Dermatology Online Journal. Vol 23, Number 12, December 2017
- Manzano, Giovanna. Shantharam, Rohini MD. Webb, Elke MD. Finelt, Nika MD. Hengel, Kyle MD Hemolacria, Hematochezia and Hematuria in an 11-month-old Boy: Index of Suspicion. Pediatrics in review, August 2018, Vol. 39, No. 8
- Shantharam, Rohini MD. Alloo, Allireza MD. Berman, Jacob MD.
- Book Chapter: Vasculitis in Moschella and Hurley’s Dermatology, 4th edition. Edited by Dr. Babar Rao and Dr. Jennifer Tan.
- Cellura AP, Gallitano SM, McDermott LE, Shantharam R, Finelt N, Chen S. Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease in a Teenage Boy: a Case Report with Literature Review. Accepted to Cutis